Yesterday Cyn and I went into Boston for Comic Con. This is a huge event for comic artists. We got the chance to talk to a lot of people, and we learned about some different styles people have for drawing. Some use watercolor, some dip their pens in liquid ink, and others use colored pencils. Using watercolor might be good for us because it is very forgiving. We also learned about the inspiration of these artist. One consistent theme was originality. Comic artist have the goal of doing something that has never been done before. What I found most interesting at the convention were the fans. A lot of them were dressed up, and I felt a little out of place. We got a chance to talk to a couple fans, and what they had to say was pretty interesting. We got a lot of video footage, and I will be editing the footage during class today.
-Eric
No comments:
Post a Comment