Thursday, May 31, 2012

Final Blog Post

Over the course of the term, I developed and improved on many skills. I learned a lot about myself as well.

One skill that has always been difficult for me is organization. Without a question organization was important in completing my comic book. I take two English courses and had to complete two projects in one term. This was extremely difficult and would not have been possible if i did not stay organized and did not manage my time well.

Another skill that was put to test was my writing skills. I realized that writing comic strips is similar to writing a short story. I decided not to do a lot of writing, and only write a few words for each comic. Thus the wording i chose was really important. I also took advantage of drawing in detail to "show" rather than "tell".

I did a lot more reading than I expected. The first half of the term I spent reading comic books, and read a book on the basics of writing comics. After reading I developed a good understanding of how to write comics.

My listening skills were somewhat important. I worked with Cyn, (more in the first half of the term). We bounced a lot of ideas off of each other. I tried to listen to what she said and apply it to my work. We also did a couple of interviews at comic con. Out of respect for the artists, I listened carefully to what they had to say.

I learned a lot about myself through the process. I think that I work better independently. Towards the end of the term Cyn and I split and wrote our own comics. I also noticed that if i started a comic on one day and finished it another day that I could add more details in my comic strips. I have never really drawn much before but I think my drawing skills improved quite a bit. I think with a little more practice drawing comics could come a little easier to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment