I have learned a lot about myself
over this past term. Creating comics has been a blast and I learned so much
about art and comics, things I never thought I would ever learn. My writing and
drawing skills have improved tremendously. Before this term I could barely draw
a straight line and I had trouble free drawing. I was never very good at free
drawing but after creating so many comics and taking the time to actually think
about what I wanted my final product to look like, I have improved in this area
greatly. I also believe that my writing skills have improved a little bit.
Blogging every night was tough but being able to express myself freely and
knowing that people would be reading my words helped and motivated me pick and
choose my words carefully. As a student I have learned a lot about time. Before
this assignment I would usually set high goals for myself and fail to meet them
due to time management issues. But this project has taught me to not have such
high expectations but to be more realistic when setting goals and due dates.
What I enjoyed most about this
project and my final product was the uncertainty of it all. In the beginning I
had this clear image of what I wanted my final product to be but once midterm
came around everything changed. I was going in a completely different direction
then I had previously been going and everything seemed to be spiraling
downwards. At first I was worried but I learned to trust my instincts and not
give up so easily. I am glad I did because I am so happy with my final product.
I honestly thought it was going to turn out terrible but I surprised myself by
really stepping it up these past two weeks and just let my mind do all the
work.
I don't really have any
recommendations for next year but one thing I really thought could go in a
different direction is the calendar. I know it was mandatory to fill out at
least two but I never really once looked at my calendar. I don’t have any
suggestions for what could replace the calendar for next year. Something more
concrete would be ideal. Maybe there is a website or an app out there that
organizes things just like this. I tend to loose papers and don't usually refer
back to my notes so it was only natural for me to not use the calendar. It was
very helpful though to create the due dates in the beginning just to get my
mind thinking about what I wanted to have done by the end of the project.
Overall I had a last doing this
project. I am glad my partner and I really pulled through with our comics. I
would definitely suggest this project again for next year’s students but also
warn them that none of it is as easy as it seems.
--Cyn
No comments:
Post a Comment