This week has been rather chaotic for Cyn and me. We have
been working hard to accomplish our goal of creating a comic book. I have a
personal goal of doing 10 comics. This may not seem like a lot, but our project
evolved quite a bit. We did a lot more research and reading than we expected.
Through reading, I was able to improve my analyzing skills. The comics that I
read were also inspirational. They triggered several ideas for me.
In class Monday Cyn and I worked
independently. I worked in the classroom drawing and drafting comic ideas. I
listened to some music and got into the zone. However, I do tend to get side
tracked when I work in the classroom. Outside of class I finalized my latest
draft.
Tuesday I worked more on my comics
in class. I made a rough draft. I like doing my rough drafts in class and
finalizing them outside of class. Today Cyn and I decided to take different
approaches on our finalized product. I will be creating a comic book with a
small book that I have. Whereas Cyn will be scanning her comics and creating a
book electronically.
Wednesday night I spent about half
an hour drafting a comic. I also read some Calvin and Hobbs because I had a
tough time falling asleep. I ended up reading a lot more than I expected.
Thursday in class Cyn and I decided
to go to the library and work. This was a great idea. We sat at a table in the
back of the library and worked diligently throughout the block. I was able to
stay focused the entire time because there was barely anyone in the library. It
was the quietest the library has ever been in my few years here. I definitely
plan on working in the library next week. Outside of class I was busy with
other work and one acts so I did not have a lot of time to draft comics. I
started to finalize the one I worked on in class.
Friday in class I worked on my log
and tried to incorporate my habits of mind/ what works well for me, and what doesn’t.
After this week I have decided to
work more in the library, it can be very easy to get distracted in class when I
hear other people talking about their projects.
-Eric
Eric, this is great stuff. Nice work on the "meta" piece. Keep it up.
ReplyDelete